Monday, February 01, 2010

Published in the Christian Science Monitor!

Okay, I missed Month One of my goal to "have something published every month for 2010" - but just by one day!

Today the Christian Science Monitor's Home Forum published "That Bike," as "Pedaling into a new way of life," and I'm so excited. (They even published my photo.)

Maybe I'll count is as a "January" publication anyway - because I got the check in the mail today and it was dated January 28, 2010.

How much was the check for? Well, in the interest of keeping it real, I'll tell you: 75 smacks. Writers DO NOT grow rich quickly.

But we grow. And that's what I'm planning to keep doing.

I'll let you know what I drum up for February.

8 comments:

Jennie Englund said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is SO exciting! The first of many, for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anj:
That is a WONDERFUL start for the year!! Keep it up. I, as well, think it could count as January. Now, hustle hustle for February!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

PS, Anjie:
I so loved the article!
Mom

Kari Quaas said...

That's "75 smacks" more than you had yesterday. Well done!

HopefulMama said...

Yahoo girly! Congratulations - this is awesome. And only the first of many (even if it takes many many to get there sister.) Bs to the W baby.

xo,
K

Anonymous said...

Good, good, good!
What's up for Feb?
How' s it going for novel May 1 deadline?
$75 is nothing to sneeze at.
Lovingly,
JJJ

Natalie N said...

Woo-hoo!! CONGRATS, Anjie! That is wonderful news. I would definitely count it for your January goal of being published. $75 big ones! I can think of plenty of things I would do with $75! :) I'm so excited for you. Keep up the awesome work!

anjie said...

I'm happy to report I got another 100 smacks today from the Monitor - evidently they paid me separately for the essay and the photo. Not sure which earned which, but $175 is sweet to me!