Monday, January 19, 2009

UTTERLY DEADLY SOUTHERN PECAN PIE
an unfortunate description, but only so called
likely due to its sugary tasty goodness
Pecan pie is Dr. MLK's favorite


I made this pie for the MLK potluck. It turned out fabulous, probably because if you add enough sugar and syrup to anything, it's bound to be great. (Look at the ingredients, you'll catch my drift.)

I used my mom's no-fail crust recipe, but you'll have to email me personally if you want that one.

Here's the freebie pecan pie recipe if you want it. It's pretty straightforward. Use it next year with pride.


4 eggs

1 1/4 c. southern cane syrup (or dark Karo)

1 1/2 c. broken or whole pecans

1 c. sugar

4 tbsp. butter

1 tsp. vanilla


Boil sugar and syrup together 2 or 3 minutes. Beat eggs, not too stiff. Pour hot syrup in slowly, stirring. Add butter and vanilla. Put pecans in pie shell, pour syrup over top. Bake in moderate oven about 45 minutes or until set.

2 comments:

Natalie N said...

Sounds deadly, divine, and dangerous. But man, are you trying to ruin all of our 2009 weight loss goals?! :) just kidding. I am going to have to file this recipe away for Thanksgiving when calories don't count, right?

Oh, and I loved the brag page below -- you've got some A++++ cousins!

Anonymous said...

Anjie,
My mouth is watering at this moment. Mike and I will take a sliver when you make it again. I doesn't fit too well into a diabetic diet BUT it sounds yummy! Would love to hear more about your MLK Fri. eve.

Kept my eyes peeled to the TV yesterday for our country, the world and the Obama family as an African American, Barack H. Obama, became our 44th president. Barack and his family will be in my prayers alot. May God richly bless Pres. Obama and may God Bless America.
How can I, and we, serve?
Lovingly,
JJJ