Friday, March 06, 2009

It's time now for another edition of...
NETTY'S BRAG PAGE


Want to see some fascinating artwork? Well, click on GMixdesigns to see Garth Mix's website.

He's my sister-in-law's brother, and, while it may not be technically accurate, I sort of think of him as my brother-in-law. And my kids call him 'Uncle Garth,' just like their cousins do, so there you have it.

Anyway, Garth is an amazing working artist. I admire his work and I admire that he makes a living at it. At his website, you'll see the kinds of projects he's worked on, which include field guides, advertisements, paintings and more. I love his attention to detail.

Here's one of my favorites, a self-portrait he made called 'High Society Dinner Thug'-- I think he's captured the playful renaissance man we all see in him.

G'day, Uncle Garth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Garth with us. He is quite an amazingly, creative artist and author. I even checked out his website but due to
S L O W L Y D O W N L O A D - I N G W I T H D I A L - U P I didn't wait for much to come forth.
Ah, S O M E D A Y ! ! !

Lovingly,
J J J

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.