Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY mua-ha-ha-ha....


Mick and I celebrated Valentines Day last night at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival's opening night of Macbeth. Mick found me wandering the halls at 3 this morning in my gauzy linen sheath, wringing my hands and crying, "Out, damn'd spot! Out, I say!"

It was an excellent performance, with a compelling set, stunning dresses for Lady Mac, and well-chosen actors for the lead roles - especially Macbeth, Lady Macbeth and the witches.

We both bought $100 Flex Passes yesterday, so we'll get to see the other five plays this season. The Flex Pass is good on certain days of the week in Feb-May and then in Sept-Nov. The tickets come to $20 each, where they can otherwise range from $40 to $90. Mmmm... I love a good deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow Macbeth didn't enter our conversations while you passed all too quickly through our home a week ago. I'm so pleased you were able to pick up inexpensive tickets. What else will you see? It so makes sense while in Ashland to be part of what the city is known for. Yeah!!
Lovingly,
JJJ and Mom

Anonymous said...

It's March now... maybe time for a new post?