Saturday, March 17, 2007




TEA PARTY AT MIA'S

Aubrey loves the girls in Dane's Kindergarten class. Here she is with Mia (light brown hair) and Makayla (dark hair). Mia and her twin brother Nick are both in Dane's class. When Mick and I went to Over The Hump, Dane and Aubs stayed with them at their houseboat overnight -- they had a blast.

Makayla's dad, Pat, is a dentist, so when we go to their house (they like to have back yard potlucks with lots of classmate families there -- last weekend there were 11 kids playing happily) Mick gets to talk dental smack with Pat. Makayla's mom, Renee, helps run the practice, so it's good to talk to her too. I like her. She's feisty.

Anyway, these are pix of Aubs and her little girlfriends having tea back in December. They made easy-bake cakes, drank from tea cups, dressed up, and told stories (which is what Aubrey must be doing in the top picture!). Mia's mom, Amy, said the "occasion" was adorable. She tried to get them to talk about boys but they didn't know where to start and didn't have any interest. (Um, I don't mind that one bit! I would've advised them to talk about something like their favorite color or, better yet! their favorite book -- ha ha, book club at age 5...)

I'm sure I'll post more pix of these girls; we spend a good amount of time with their families and even have a little co-op plan in the works for summer.

1 comment:

KarenU said...

I am so jealous of the Easy Bake CAKES! I wanted an Easy Bake oven so badly when I was a kid. I don't think they had the sprinkles then either - fun girl weekend for Aubs!

K:)