Saturday, March 10, 2007

BAD WORDS

On Thursday, Dane came home and told me his classmate Dariana said the "S-H-" word at school and got in trouble. Dariana's kind of a bigger, rough-and-tumble girl from Romania. I asked him what kind of trouble she got in and he said she had to run a lap.

Aubrey yelled from the other room "What's the S-H- word?"

Dang, I thought to myself, I'd hoped to avoid this! She came out and I calmly said to both kids "Well, it's a word people say that shows their frustration -- only it's just adults who use it, and they're really not supposed to." Pause. Calm response. "It's SHIT."

"Shit?" Dane asked. "She said SHUT UP..."

2 comments:

thePendleton5 said...

L O L!!!!

That's great. We had a similar incident with Carson this year. But man, it ROCKS being a mom & always being surprised.

So what did you say to shutup?

anagotadavida said...

Funny story!!!

Have you heard anymore stories about Dane's friend using other bad words?

Ana