Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Zoo Day

Aubrey went to the San Francisco Zoo yesterday with her friend Jennifer from Miss Jane's class at the Mill Valley Rec Center. Lisa, Jennifer's mom, said Aubrey seemed to have a great time with both Jennifer and little brother, Ryan. When I asked Aubs what she saw, she said they saw zebras and giraffes -- "really close up!" -- and some mice. She said they didn't see any chihuahuas, though, which is a word she and Dane like saying lately: "oo oo chihuahua, oo oo chihuahua." Don't know where that comes from. When she got home, we drew a zebra and a giraffe and a "piggy goat" (not to be confused with "pigmy goat-- a "piggy goat" is just hungry and pushy). The zebra was striped rainbow colors, which looked a lot like the character from the Fruit Striped Zebra gum wrappers of the 70s.

Dane spent the day at school. I worked in his class for an hour as they learned about different kinds of clouds and then I got to help Dane's group make a cool cloud art project. Dane gets really excited when I work in the classroom, and always hopes I get to work with his group, so this was a really special day: not only did I work with his group, but I was there sans Aubrey. After school, Dane had Spanish and then we walked home.

Because the van is still out of service, we've been walking to and from his school this week-- I did 3 round trips myself yesterday, which is about a 6 mile day. The crisp cold walks seem to do us all good though. (Perhaps you're aware how cold it is here? In a nearby part of the state, 50-75% of the citrus crops have been damaged due to frost/cold weather. Gov. Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency. It's not so bad here in Marin City/Sausalito, but there's been frost and ice and some cold wind. Feels almost like the PNW winters I'm used to.)

Mick did an OTCP in the clinic. Not sure what the letters stand for, but I think it's just an initial check up and cleaning.

No comments: