Monday, January 22, 2007

Transportation Update

Dane's Dinosoaur bike (including dino squeaker!) was taken from our garage on Saturday when new neighbors left their door open. Aaaargh! Dane's handling it better than we are, though: he's already planning that his next bike will "be a little bit big for me, and have hand brakes and flames."

The van's still in the shop, It's been out of service 10 days now. When we get it back it'll have a new clutch, new brakes, and a much needed tune-up. Thanks to everyone who sent Christmas money! :)

Aubs and I are off to her class now via bike and trail-a-bike. It's sunny and crisp out. As Aubs says, time to feel the wind on our skin.

2 comments:

anjie said...

Dane and I made this sign for the garage:

[Dane wrote]
MY BIKE IS STLIN! [I converted that to STOLEN]
THE DINOSAUR BIKE! [Here he drew frown face]
[Then I wrote:]
Please close ALL garage doors. Thanks.

***
We just chock it up to new neighbors, new adjustments. Other than that, they seem very nice -- and they've put up with 2 sleepovers since they moved in a week ago!

Pretty Tulip said...

LAME-O. I really hate thieves, but especially Dane's Bike thieves. What a way to poop on your great morning "to school" rides! I'm sorry that it happened:-(