Sunday, December 31, 2006


New Year's Eve

Home alone at 9 p.m. with the kids in bed. Mick's picking up neighbors from the airport. Maybe he'll be back by 10 and we can stay up to just get crazy -- maybe play a word game or something.

Went to the DeYoung Museum today with Amy, a friend here in Sausalito (her twins are in Dane's kindergarten class). We caught the very last day of the very last city for The Quilts of Gee's Bend Exhibit -- which was gorgeous, inspiring, moving. Between the crafts(wo)manship, the history of the region and its poverty, the singing, and the female camaraderie it was a treasure to carry forward with me.

Perhaps I'll write more when I'm feeling more articulate.

For now, I'll pick up my newest book interest: The Gift of Travel: The Best of Travelers' Tales, an anthology of excellent travel essays.

Anyway, Happy New Year everybody. Sorry I didn't do Christmas cards -- Dane got the flu the day we were supposed to take pictures for them and with Mick's intense schedule after that we sort of never recovered. (Of course, it didn't occur to me to do something different than I'd planned.) Maybe we'll do the traditional President's Day card or something.

Happy, Happy New Year. (This officially marks the halfway point for dental school for us, by the way. Almost too cool for school...)

No comments: