Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sans Pix

Still having computer downloading problems if I want to use pictures. I have to wait to use Mick's laptop when he's home (which is rare these days as his first set of boards descends upon him in December) or when he's home and not using it himself. As you might imagine, this can get complicated.

So, while I wait to get my hands on that thing, I shouldn't neglect to keep you posted on the stuff we don't take pictures of around here:

*I volunteer in Dane's classroom on Tuesdays. Aubrey gets to come, so she's feeling like a kindergartener herself at times. Dane loves it when we come and all his little kindergarten friends have hugs and questions and stuff to show us. Of course, I love it when I get to read out loud to them. Yesterday I read a rhyming book about The Mayflower and the First Thanksgiving; a couple weeks ago it was a ghost/witch book (the same one you sent us, Karen!), and then for the Halloween party I read them Maurice Sendak's pop-up book Mommy (which Jan sent us). That was a huge hit. When the werewolf's pants fall off and he's left standing in his boxers, let's just say there's some real kindergarten humor there--no matter how many times you read it.

*"Copying" what someone else says is big around here these days. That's right (that's right) -- copying (copying).

*Aubrey and I met my friend Kelly for lunch at the playground on my birthday (November 1). Kelly brought Chinese chicken salad and fancy plates, so we ate while our girls played on the slides and the swings and in the pebbles. (Kelly is wonderful, if you can't tell.) Another highlight of the day, though, was when I asked Aubrey to tell me a story. Here's how it started: "Once there was a little girl named Angelina and she was a ballerina. But she wasn't a mouse or a rat. She was just a girl..." I have to admit I tuned out for a couple of minutes here, but I tuned back in time to hear: "...and you can find this story on DVD or VHS. The end."

No comments: