Sunday, August 27, 2006

Little man starts school tomorrow. I was surprised at Longs today, while buying Dane the last of his school supplies, that there was a quick catch in the throat: I'm not ready! repeated three or four times in the head. But, really, I am. And so is he. I'm so excited for him to enter this new kind of life, and I'll do my best to see that it goes smoothly for him, to keep guiding him. I say that knowing too though that so much of it is in his court, which is probably the part that parents find hardest to accept. He gets to show up on his own now, as Dane, applying all that he has and is to the social and academic scheme of things. Thank goodness he's a smart, strong, sweet, happy guy. Will let you know how it goes.

Oh yeah, we'll be riding bikes to and from school. He'll ride solo (and he gets to lock his bike up at the bike rack!), and Aubs and I will ride together with the trail-a-bike. She and I are helping out at lunchtime tomorrow; we'll find out later what kind of regular weekly volunteering we (I) can do--an hour a week in the classroom, I'm hoping. Aubrey has permission to come along to campus anytime I'm there, which suits her and Dane just fine. She'll start six hours a week of pre-school on September 11th.

No comments: