Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day
Just spent about fifteen bucks and two hours at the laundromat with the kids. Mick dropped us off, but, since he took the van in to spend Memorial Day prepping teeth in the lab, we walked back with our three huge canvas bags of laundry in the double jogger. Felt a little bit like a bag lady with a couple of strays tagging along but didn't bother being too proud. I think that's my "practical" gene in action. Of course there are other things I'm too proud about: for instance, I'd never go out in public with a Danielle Steele book (let alone read one, for heaven's sake!). Obviously, though, that has nothing to do with practicality, but is simply pure snobbery. She, of course, gets the last laugh when I walk by her mansion in downtown San Francisco with my two strays in tow.

No comments: