Thursday, April 20, 2006

ASK SKETCHY

Dear Sketchy:
Surely everybody is feeling better now. On the east coast we keep seeing/reading about the 100 year Anniversary of the earthquake. What do the experts say about you in Sausalito with regard to a big one? Does your branch of the Reynolds Clan have any special get out of town plans in place? A "scoot" bag by the door?
-Uncle Rod, Bowie, Maryland

Dear Uncle Rod:
Yeah, I guess everybody's feeling better--at least we did for three days. Today Aubrey puked all morning, though, and Mick's got bronchitis complete with two inhalers and a bottle of pills. (Yes, you do detect a whine.)

I appreciate your nudge in the direction of earthquake preparedness. It's something I think about a lot, but haven't acted upon. I have the list of what to have around for "three days of supplies" but haven't actually purchased any of them. Other than that, here's what I supersleuthed through google tonight:
  • The Bay Model Center, which is down the street and on my list of cool stuff to check out, happens to be focusing on earthquakes this month, educating on how/why earthquakes will happen here and what the effects will be. They have earthquake prep pamphlets too.
  • A link at the San Francisco Chronicle reminded me to fasten our bookcases to the studs in the walls, which has definitely been on my list, but neglected.
Write me in a couple weeks and ask me what I've accomplished.
Thanks for your mail!
-Sketchy

No comments: